Public Boat Docks in Seeley's Bay

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Do You White Knuckle Drive Too?

Yesterday was my four legged companions' day for grooming so we dressed in our warmest, got the van warmed and set off to Gananoque which is 32 km. from where I live in The Bay.  Now foolishly I had let the gas tank run a tad low for winter driving and I worried about getting there without running out, but both my pet and I arrived safely, even though it was snowing a bit, but because the weatherman didn't expect much of a dusting I felt good about being on the road.
The van got us into Gananoque safe and sound with a little still in the gas tank, so first I headed off to the Groomer, KLIPS and got her there in time for her appointment.  Now Mitzji is like any other four legged companion, shakes like a leaf going in and so very happy when the grooming is all over and done with and is on th way home to her own turf. 
The appointment was for 4 in the afternoon making it a dark ride home.  My misfortune was that the light snow turned into a full blast snow storm and while I for the most part enjoy the drive from my house to Gananoque I dislike driving in snow at night on a mostly dark road.  I white knuckled it all the way home and it took so much longer than is usual because I slowed down considerably.  Guess my 75 k/per hour was too slow cause some impatient person passed me and didn't seem too pleased that I was being careful and taking my time.  Silly person, not farther up ahead of me was a snow plow, so that person while being in front of me was no further ahead and definitely going much slower than 75 kliks.....If I could have I would have kissed that snow plowman for slowing us down, and, for sanding the highway so very well. 
While I love the look that Winter creates I enjoy winter mostly from the inside, I love how it resculptures the landscape but to drive in it leaves me rather jittery. 
Cartoon of a Woman Driving Her Car with the Stereo On clipart   I guess getting older makes you a tad less confident.
Now back to my Frost Fest project, you know, the Strawberry Fields I told you about in an earlier post.  February 4th is just around the corner and I still have too much to do.  HAVE you bought your Frost Fest Buttons yet?  If your out and about the Penguin Spotter will find you and when the Penguin tags you you get a prize!    Run, don't walk to your nearest Button Vendor and get your Button now, you could be the next BIG winner....Don't forget the Roast Beef Dinner and the Dance - boys oh dear it's gonna be a great weekend!!
BACK to the sewing machine and the piecing, hi ho hi ho its off to sew I go, thanks for stopping by and have yourself a wonderful day.



6 comments:

IT IS YOUR TURN so go ahead and tell me what you think!