Public Boat Docks in Seeley's Bay

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Scraps Glorious Scraps With The List of Winners in Golden Quilters Awards

Scraps, scraps and oh my goodness I found more scraps, I have too many scraps, not organized that is.  Look at this mess!
I found them everywhere.  Like dust bunnies, they multiply!  I haven't paid enough attention to them in a long while, now they require some serious attention.  Giving it some real thought it is going to be a lot of fun to revisit some of the projects these scraps were instrumental in being a part of in the first place just finding them.  Now I need more of those zip lock bags, a dark permanent marker, my rotary cutter, ruler, and some time.  

Scraps from the closet
Yesterday, April 1st the Winners of the Golden Quilters Awards were announced by the Host of these Awards Sewcalgal

CONGRATULATIONS to all Winners and to all of the Nominees, it was a prestigious line up this year.
Winners of the 2011 Golden Quilter Awards.

Best DesignerAnne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs
Best Teacher/Instructor Bonnie Hunter, Quiltville 

Best AuthorEleanor Burns, of Quilt In A Day                                                        
Best Quilt Store (Physical) Mary Jo's in Gastonia NC
Best Quilt Store (online)Fat Quarter Shop
Best Long Arm QuilterJudi Madsen - Green Fairy Quilts
Most Innovative product (physical item)AccuQuilt Go! Fabric Cutter
Most Innovated product (software item)EQ7, by The Electric Quilt Company
Most influential person in the world of quilting to-date, aka "Lifetime Achievement"Eleanor Burns, Quilt in a Day
Best Quilt RetreatTwo Wacky Woman (Southern California)




DON'T forget there are still the Sponsor Give-Away Prizes to be won, and you have until April 9th to enter, so go visit Sewcalgal for a list of the Awards sponsors and their Giveaways, winners for these delicious prizes will be drawn and announced on April 10th, 2011.  How exciting!  I confess,I have entered to be sure, I would be happy to win any one of these beautiful prizes.
Have a glorious weekend and take some time to see and read up on all of those prizes The Award Sponsors are giving away, I promise you you will be impressed and want to be a winner of one one of them.  I am hoping you will leave me a comment introduce yourself as to where in this wonderful world you live, work and play, and what type of quilting you enjoy.  It would be an adventure for myself and readers to visit your home town on the web, and I promise to post a reply. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

IT IS YOUR TURN so go ahead and tell me what you think!