Public Boat Docks in Seeley's Bay

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Etsy my Shop in Cyberspace

Today I'm working on revamping my Etsy shop and the completing custom orders.  Orders which will become world travellers.  One such order will remain in Canada, one piece on its way to Great Britain and another will eventually end up living in  Japan.   I've sold bags, totes and other quilted items to people living in the United States, some have been sold to Canadians and a tote made it all the way to China.  Adding a tote to a new destination is so exciting.  I have Etsy and its' e-commerce skilled team to thank for this excitement. 

Are you a crafter, hobbiest, an artist, sculptor, glass blower, do you work in exciting and different new textures and mediums?  A stay at home mom or dad with crafting skills?  These can be sold to others, and speaking only for myself, a person can only make so many items for family and friends, then it is time think of selling some of that beautiful or interesting work you craft so that you can continue creating.  Maybe you haven't given thoughts to selling your crafts, but should you want to and are looking around for a place to do that online, you couldn't make it any easier for yourself.



Etsy became the place for my craft in fabric.  Selling Locally is great, but as my collection of quilted goods continued to accumulate, I needed to find an outlet for selling.  Etsy is a place where even small entrepeneurs like myself can set up shop.  The process was so easy, Etsy designed it that way!   The process of updating and adding new inventory is simple to accomplish too. 

As a retired baby boomer and on a fixed income, I found Etsy to be financially manageable too.   Making the decision to open a shop was one of the best things I have ever done, I had nothing to lose and so very much to gain.

Etsy Shops is just the place to be!  Etsys' Mission statement states 
Our mission is to enable people to make a living making things, and to reconnect makers with buyers.
        Our vision is to build a new economy and present a better choice:

        Buy, Sell, and Live Handmade.

For me it is the best alternative, as I sell locally in the summer months, but winters are fairly sparse for local or tourist trade.  Makes sense to let Etsy help with the shop set up, it is inexpensive and becomes a nice win win situation.  While I recognise I won't become a millionaire, this place in cyberspace affords me an outlet for my items and I can draft away to my hearts delight. 

Time to get on with my day, and as aways if your reading this then you and I are both blessed as we're both above ground.  Have a simply FRIENDTASTIC day today. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

IT IS YOUR TURN so go ahead and tell me what you think!