Public Boat Docks in Seeley's Bay

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Here we are, Saturday, January 9th, 2010 already.  Where does time go to? The morning is a bright one with temperatures in the low single digits.  Brrrrrrrrr, 7F for those who are not using the celcius scale, and supposed to hit a high of 17F if we are fortunate.  This deep freeze is not kind to arthritic sufferers.

The whole town suffered a hydro blackout last night, just at supper time.  No one had any idea as to what caused it.  One minute I was sitting in front of my sewing machine and the next plunged into darkness. It didn't last too long though only an 1 1/2.  We were toasty warm with the use of our propane firepalce and cookstove.

This morning bright and early I attended a Frost Fest Committee meeting.  What fun - virtually everyone on the committee arrived and it was a full house.  The Retirement home once again played host and provided a breakfast of juice, croixsants, muffins, bagels, toast, fruit salad, tea or coffee...Mmmmmmmmmm.   I thought I had all of the details for my scavenger hunt settled but really it must all be changed.  Not all digital cameras perform well in the cold.   I will have more to tell you about this the closer to Frost Fest it gets.



Wishing you a wonderful day from Seeley's Bay.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

IT IS YOUR TURN so go ahead and tell me what you think!