Public Boat Docks in Seeley's Bay

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Very Fulfilling Day

Today has been a wonderful yet exhausting one.  
Didn't get to do my bed inspection until 4 a.m. because my brother and my mother left to drive to Montreal where they will catch their ride by air to Tampa and once there board a Norwegian cruise ship for a two week vacation.  So sleep came really late yet I was up and at it at 7:45 and put in a very full day.
I emptied all of the furniture I needed to remove to lay down my new (new to me, used carpet) now all of my very old floor boards will be totally protected from my rolling chair...
Then did two loads of laundry, went to the bank, the medical center, the post office picked up more Angel gifts and to help out an elderly friend with her television. That all done came home and got all of the Angel Gifts into gift bags and began to get them checked off the master list.  We have 37 bags ready for the wrapping party scheduled for December 17th, only 66 more Angel gifts to be turned in.  We have lots of gifts already waiting to be used just in case all of the angels don't come back, but if it is anything like last year we will make our target of 103 children to be gifted.


It is mind boggling to see just how many children there are in our small part of this Township that would not have Santa gifts under any tree if it were not for this Angel project.  I am  overwhelmed by the generosity of our neighbors have picked up Angels and have supported this project 100%.
On another note, would you believe it that our weather bureau is telling us we more than likely will not be having a White Christmas, thats right, not much snow expected before January. YIPPEE.  I realize there are many people who love snow and the wonderful outdoor activities that winter brings but I am not one of those people, I am a beach bum at heart.  
I have joined with the Quilt Gallery in its 4th Annual Anniversary of The Blog Hop Party!  Stay tuned, the list of participating bloggers who are offering Giveaways will be long and this event is going to be huge and a great deal of fun.  You could be a BIG winner this year!
Thank you for sharing your time with me today, I sincerely hope you had as great a day as I have.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

IT IS YOUR TURN so go ahead and tell me what you think!