Public Boat Docks in Seeley's Bay

Thursday, July 7, 2011

THE COCHRANE MURAL

Something fantastic as well as quilt related and inspiring for you today!  The Cochrane Mural out of Alberta, Canada.  This is fantastic and you can definitely spend some time at this site, very well worth the visit.

THE COCHRANE MURAL

LOOK CLOSELY BY CLICKING ON ANY PART OF THE MURAL

For those not living in Canada, Cochrane is NW of Calgary and east of Banff, in the foothills of the Rockies.
This mural was unveiled recently at the Cochrane Ranch House.

Each tile is 1 foot square, is its own individual picture and each is by a different artist.

All of them together form this huge mural.  You can click on each of the tiles to see them in detail.

Check out, especially, the horse's eye.
 
Click on any square that makes up the mural to see what the square really is.

Thanks for stopping by to visit today, unfortunately I haven't yet finished the two sets of borders for the Stretched Star quilt top nor the Double Irish Chain top, which I am feverishly attempting to finish so that I can take these with me as gifts for my friend and my cousin.  I also have a doctors appointment and am arguing with a dealer for the rolling backpack I am attempting to purchase, somehow they don't understand about my US postal drop address!! Go figure!
This is the one I really, really want and do you think I can get it?  I can from other dealers at a much higher price, but why pay more when I don't have to?

Post comments on this absolutely fantastic Mural, it certainly is a wonderful creation and all those artists, wow, what they have created and accomplished...
Have yourselves a truly wonderful day. Come on back tomorrow.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

IT IS YOUR TURN so go ahead and tell me what you think!