Public Boat Docks in Seeley's Bay

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Gotta Fly

Good Saturday morning everyone out there in cyberspace, from where it is I sit by my computer and sewing machine I can see it is shaping up to be a glorious day.  I finally managed to pull my old and stiff joints from bed and have begun full tilt at finishing off this quilt, but before I can do too much I must make my way to a place where one of our tiny Library Branches is located and help out with what it has been called for a few years now "That Spring Thing" is happening.
Friends of the Library of which I am one are always seeking methods by which to fund raise and support our many needs projects.  Today is no exception and it has taken a great deal of planning and work to bring it all to fruition.  Wish us a good one this year, our projects really can use an infusion of the monetary kind. 
I went to "The Shabby"  blog this morning, (you know, Shabby Fabrics) oh my goodness you have to see what it is they are giving away - ohhhhhhhhhhhh pretties!!!!!!!  You just have to go and give yourselves an opportunity to win... If you scroll down just a titch you will see photographed there a picture of the Sweetheart Houses Quilt in the spotlight at International Quilt Market, it is so stunning.  Of course I oogled and awed, houses and quilts with houses are my favorites, I just kick myself every time I get excited as I simply haven't made one like forever!  I keep promising myself but all of the other "need to do's" keep getting into my way....LOL 
Treat yourselves and go see it, I do not think you will be sorry you did. Oh well, maybe someday!
Look what I made over two nights knitting it looks like it should be on a Cabbage Patch doll, but the pattern assured it was meant for a newborn from 6 to 7 1/2 pounds.  I made a matching newborn hat too.  It really looks like I am playing with dolls, these items are so tiny!  You know I haven't held a newborn in so long I have forgotten just how tiny these wonderful angels are.  LOL  Anyway this if for my new granddaughter which is expected to come to us in October.   I am excited about the prospects of holding this tiny person, but I still have many months of practice time ahead of me.  
Just as I have a huge fabric stash, so do I have a very large yarn/wool stash so what better use than something for baby?  Long as these are tiny items to know or crochet I can handle them, my arthritic fingers do protest at the holding of needles...LOL
Don't Forget to visit The Quilting Gallery - remember Miska is holding a Giveaway and you could be one of those lucky winners!
Thank you so very much for coming by to visit with me, I wish you all a happy and wonderful day today, take care and what ever it is your doing do on this Memorial Day long weekend and do it safely.....and have a fantastic time doing it.  Now I must fly otherwise I really will not get to Escott and back home again and this quilt will never get finished with no one working on it....Gotta Fly


Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.  ~Dr. Seuss



0 comments:

Post a Comment

IT IS YOUR TURN so go ahead and tell me what you think!