Public Boat Docks in Seeley's Bay

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Today's' Tidbits...........

Phew!!! I've been putting on the last border of the string quilt I have worked on this past month.  I found what I thought was a nice match and while usually I over think these decisions sometimes this time I grabbed it when I saw it and just went for it.  I think it looks just right!  What do you think?
I am so fortunate that I more or less tidied up my stash and that my stash is diversified enough to have found the perfect solution for this quilt.  Now all I have to do is to sandwich and quilt it which I will begin tomorrow.  
The gift quilt awaits the flying geese signature blocks in order to get the final borders readied and attached.
Look what I found in my e-mail this morning, isn't it the truth!
Sometimes my friends send me the cutest idioms about life and I found this one worth sharing with you today.
I have been searching for an easy pattern to make up for my new grandchild coming to us in October of this year, all babies need to be warmly welcomed when they arrive, so thanks to Crafts By Starlight I found just the perfect pattern as well as an instructional video on how to complete it and from g'ma's point of view, just right for him or her! 
Thinking it might be nice done up in soft variegated baby yarn.  Thanks Starlight for this free pattern and your terrific instructional video. 
Now all I must find is my huge collection of crochet hooks, I know their somewhere around here but so far I haven't seen them even in my tidy up.  I have far too much of everything and I really am making an effort to use it.  Goodness me, what if I die before I can use it all?  
My son would be google-eyed from shock at all he would have to clear out.  LOL
I have given you a smattering of my chat today, but in all sincerity I would dearly love to hear from some of my readers.  
Where do you live?
Do you have a large crafting community in your neck of the woods?
Do you take in craft shows or quilt shows?
What is your favorite type of craft?
How much time do you have to spend on working your crafts?
These are questions I think of from time to time when I am sitting here thinking about what to say and just how to say it, wondering if I am boring or too repetitive?
Here is hoping you have something to say and hopefully you will say it here, I invite your opinions and your comments.
Thank you for stopping at my blog today and reading what it is I had to share with you. I wish you an absolutely fantastic day and hope to see or read from you tomorrow.


How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong.  Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.  ~George Washington Carver...........................................



0 comments:

Post a Comment

IT IS YOUR TURN so go ahead and tell me what you think!