Public Boat Docks in Seeley's Bay

Sunday, November 20, 2011

SNAP,  foul winter weather is supposed to be on its way this afternoon, I am so not ready for winter!  I am just not a winter outdoors type of woman. 
RIGHT NOW this is what it looks like outside!  Yuck
It is becoming darker by the hour.  I know there are many who love and enjoy winter, unfortunately for me, I do NOT happen to be among them.
YESTERDAY while walking with my co-members of the FRIENDS of the Leeds and Thousand Islands Public Library  during the Santa Parade the sun shone and the temperatures hovered near 55 Fahrenheit, it was great for those along the parade route and for all of us who marched in it.  We had so much fun seeing all of the children along the parade route and for 2 hours all we heard were many Merry Christmas wishes and Santas' ho ho hoing, which was enough to get me into the Christmas Spirit. 
The Friends are holding a fund raising sale during the Christmas at Springfield House event on December 3rd so in keeping with my volunteerism I am adding small handcrafted items which the Friends can add to the handmade items for sale.  I am making a basket full of tissue package holders and one other smaller item (as yet to be discovered).  One of those fabric ornaments projects just might be the ticket!
At any rate this morning I have been making those cute little "Kleenex tissue" holders for your purse or pocket, they sew up so quickly and make a nice little item for fundraisers either as little gifts children can buy for whomever, or, as small stocking stuffing gifts.  In any event I am hoping these will be a nice addition to the Springfield House fundraiser the Friends are participating in this coming December.
Here are the few I made so far this morning. 
Great for stash reduction projects as well. Between my Log cabin blocks for my Basics donation quilt and these smaller projects I'm getting great mileage out of my scraps. 
I thank you for sharing a part of your Sunday with me today and hope your outside isn't cold and dreary.  I am doing my best to forget to look outside and will concentrate on the sunshine and great temperatures we were blessed with as it was yesterday and before that.  Today I leave you with a quotation which I found to share with all of you. 
"Go confidently in the Direction of your Dreams.  Live the Life You've Imagined!"












0 comments:

Post a Comment

IT IS YOUR TURN so go ahead and tell me what you think!