Public Boat Docks in Seeley's Bay

Monday, March 5, 2012

Sharing Monday

I have been wondering what I can do with Mondays' around here, it is the beginning of the work week, it is usually quiet, and for me it is usually a day set aside for lots of undone chores.  So while I am working away why not visit some of the sites I found surfing, and these I gladly share with you. 
For those of you planning a new paper piecing quilt, look what I found this morning!  
It was a BOM along with the actual set of paper pieced houses along with the actual layout plans which I am certain you can copy and use.  How sweet are these?  While it is all written by a German Quilter/Blogger, whose name sorry, I was unable to locate inside the blog, however, this site page can be translated and you are free to use these paper piecing patterns for your own personal use. 
I found this super site as well, Free Quilt Patterns Info.  I know I wouldn't get through this list in a year, this is such a kewl site!  It shows free patterns for just about every type of quilt project you may have in mind to try out. If you hit the home button you can even sign up for updates to the site, which is a bonus. 
Also, while surfing a found another new to me site, by blogger Michele Bilyeu, and her site title is called With Heart And Hands.  Michele also sets forth within her blog many quilt block patterns which are concisely described and nicely laid out for those that are searching. 
Once again, the very generosity of Quilters is heartwarming, all of those people so very willing to share.  
With the devastation of those tornadoes in the United States, I am certain there will be much need for assistance to those who have suffered losses, not only of their homes and business' but to life of their loved ones, so, if you are thinking of helping in some small measure, or you discover sites where quilters are calling for help, please let me know so that I might set them up here on my site.  I realize a quilt does not make a house, but it certainly shows that we care and so, as ever the charity line continues.  
There is one more site I wish to share with you today and one which you might enjoy visiting today, it really is a collection of a Village bearing the name GEITHOORN in Holland that literally has no streets in it, want to see why?  There are other sites but have still photo's whereas this one is a You Tube video and has soothing music to go along with it, so relaxing.... 
Thank you for stopping in today to visit with me, now it is time for me to get back to the laundry room and see if the sheets to my mothers bed are nice and dry and ready to put back on her bed.  With her age she feels the cold more than ever before, so she has a set of fleece sheets and really go along way in keeping her warm and comfy at nights.  I sincerely hope you are enjoying your day no matter where in our large and beautiful world you live in, and please, if you have a site where others can join to assist those who have suffered terrible losses last week from the tornadoes that struck in the South U.S.A., please share them with us. Se you tomorrow. 
Hugging has no unpleasant side effects and is all natural.  There are no batteries to replace, it's inflation-proof and non-fattening with no monthly payments.  It's non-taxable, non-polluting, and is, of course, fully refundable.  ~Author Unknown



0 comments:

Post a Comment

IT IS YOUR TURN so go ahead and tell me what you think!