Public Boat Docks in Seeley's Bay

Friday, March 23, 2012

Last Day Left To Hop

The Blog Hop is close to closing and for those who have not yet had an opportunity to surf around the blogs I urge you to go for it as it closes today.
I so enjoy reading all of your posted comments and I thank those of you who have chosen to become followers.  How very kind of you!
I have been devoting 2 hours of my day to the reorganization of my bloated stash which has been exploding outwards from just about every nook and cranny in my sewing area and even taken over my closet which was totally not working for me anymore.  It is slow going because this time I am being selective and judicious in my choices of what I wish to keep and of the pieces and scraps I wish to give away.  Not doing too badly at it either.  Once the fabric and notions are all organized and in their own delegated spaces it will be time to ferret out the articles of clothing I no longer wear or want.  Only then will I share that space in photo's with you again.  I actually had to shame myself into doing something constructive with the total mess I had managed to create by my haphazardness. 
In addition to devoting time to clearing out my closet and organizing, I have also been finishing my surprises to go with each of the gifts I have offered in this Blog Hop,  I confess, I am right pleased with each one that I have created so far. 
Meant to share pictures of the hall on the first day Stitch 'N' Chat opened, we had three ladies show up in the afternoon session, and two ladies showed up in the evening session, this really was a good start to the crafters social club.
This is the front of the Choir Hall and the ladies all chose to sit in the choirs seats nearest to the window with the natural light. So I took a picture of them sitting in the Choir Section.
Johanna (a friend and neighbor) is working on her granddaughter Miriams' teddy bear quilt, just sewing down the binding.
Ta Da...Here it is all finished..............
We had another good afternoon and evening sessions at Stitch 'N' Chat and while the same people were able to attend, more will eventually join in on the fun to be sure.  This evening Carol and Penny came again and this time Carol brought her Sampler quilt she is making.  I simply could not resist taking pictures to share with you. 
I cannot express to you how will made these blocks are, her applique makes each block exquisite, and the colors are to compliment the many antiques she has in her home, and if the pictures show of this beauty up close and personal is breathtaking.  I cannot wait to see what she is going to do with it in the finishing.  
These colors are so rich and vibrant and the piecing is perfection and the applique so well done and you can just feel the love in every stitch.  I could not applique as beautifully as this.  Thanks for allowing me to share your work Carol.
Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit with me this morning and I wish each and every one of you a wonderful day. 


Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can.  ~Danny Kaye 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

IT IS YOUR TURN so go ahead and tell me what you think!