Public Boat Docks in Seeley's Bay

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Finishing Stages

Good Sunday afternoon everyone and how is your day progressing? 
I have been a busy beaver this morning, getting my place mats sandwiched and quilted, next the table runner and lastly my strings lap quilt.  I have several more little tissue covers to make for the Library, but I believe I might get time to make those as well.  More or less I am in the finishing stages of all the items I will need for Frost Fest.
Did any of you see the Valentine Heart video tutorial from the Missouri Star Quilt Co. yesterday?  Isn't it easy to follow and if I put my thinking cap on we don't have to use Layer Cake blocks, we could just cut the 5.5" squares and that will do the job just as nicely.  I bought a Layer Cake package this summer and put it somewhere, so far I haven't found it, that will show you my stash is still unmanageable. One of these fine days I may make a significant dent in it.
Look at this sweet heart quilted runner I found a picture of, isn't it just a darling?

Seems like this might be appliqued?   
What do you think of this, I just couldn't envision curly q's or round circles on these, I am hoping they look all right?  What do you think?
I stitched in the ditch around the three squares and then these lines through the center, guess this will have to stay as I'm not in the mood to frog it.  LOL
I'm hoping you all had a wonderful Sunday, just the way you like it and thank you very much for stopping by today. 
Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way things turn out.  ~Art Linkletter

4 comments:

  1. I did have a wonderful Sunday! Enjoyed reading your post today. The placemats are quite lovely and the stitching is looking fine too! Thanks for commenting on my Craftsy's BOM. You mentioned that you owe me a FQ and I am trying to remember why you would. The only thing that came to mind if you happened to be a Eons Quilters Passion Member involved with the Challenge UFO 2011. I tried to find a way to send you an email but I can't find another way to contact you thus why I am putting all this extra info in this comment box. Again, thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lovely Valentine quilt - looks like it could be easy enough to put together. Your little place mat is perfect - those quilt lines just highlight the boxes nicely! Our Sunday was a wonderful day with family and friends, thanks for asking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joanie I am sending each person who left me a Frost Fest idea a Fat Quarter. You mentioned the cinch bags, remember?
    This is my contact e-mail for you and for everyone,
    mitzjidebos@yahoo.ca so please send along your address and I will your FQ out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peg, thanks for your comments, I really couldn't envision any quilting lines with roundness to them. Glad you enjoyed your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

IT IS YOUR TURN so go ahead and tell me what you think!